Man Drowns While Fishing At Starvation Reservoir
DUCHESNE, Utah — A man died today after an incident while fishing at Fred Hayes State Park.
Officials said two men in their 70s were fishing when one of them slipped and fell near the northwest side of Freedom Bridge at about 4 p.m. today.
The victim rolled down the bank into the water after falling and his fishing companion was not able to get him out of the water and called 911 for help, according to a Utah State Parks release.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office and a Utah State Parks ranger responded to the scene.
First responders recovered the victim’s body from the water, he was pronounced dead on scene, according to the release.
Officials are not identifying the victim at this time, but said he was from Spanish Fork.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)