Motorcyclist Dies In Hit-And-Run; Driver Of Vehicle Flees On Foot
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A motorcyclist died in a crash Friday morning, and authorities said the driver of the vehicle involved fled on foot.
The crash happened on state Route 201 at approximately 2700 West. Utah Eastbound SR-201 at 3200 West was closed during the investigation and affected the morning commute until it was reopened just after 8 a.m.
Witnesses told troopers that both the driver of the car and the motorcycle may have been driving aggressively prior to the collision. One person reportedly witnessed the crash and saw the driver flee before contacting authorities.
The driver of the car that collided with the motorcyclist fled on foot following the collision. Police are actively searching the area. If you have any information on who this person who fled the scene is, please call UHP Dispatch at (801)887-3800. pic.twitter.com/Tp1PAExKsj
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) April 19, 2019
“A witness stated that he saw both vehicles not maintaining their lane as well as traveling at a little bit higher rate of speed than the rest of the traffic in the area,” UHP Sgt. Justin Dial said.
Officials are searching for the driver of the car, described as a white male. Anyone who may have information on the whereabouts of this person is asked to call UHP dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Troopers said drivers need to be aware of each other on the roads, especially as there are more motorcycles out as the weather warms up.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)