Americans Already Planning Summer Vacations
(NBC News) — Whatever the destination this summer, travel experts expect vacationers to use a time-honored way of getting there.
“We are seeing that the great American Road Trip is alive and well; more than 50 percent of those [vacationers] are going to drive to their destination this year,” said Tamra Johnson with AAA.
Experts say that’s because of low gas prices, a strong economy and a desire to do something different.
“At The Points Guy we like to remind folks that travel is about fun and not just getting to your destination,” said Scott Mayerowitz. “So maybe get a little lost on the way; discover something new.”
When it comes to hotels, Mayerowitz suggests using apps to keep track of reward points and a GPS to find more vacancies at off-the-beaten-path hotels.
Experts say it’s also a good idea to consider combining your money with family or friends to help pay for a vacation rental.
“You can find a castle to stay in for well under $50 per person if you fill it up,” said Melanie Fish with VRBO.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2Vc4VCI
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)