Police Searching For Shooter In West Valley Neighborhood Dispute
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are on the hunt for a man who shot another man four times in the middle of a neighborhood as people ran for their lives.
“He reached in his pocket pulled out a gun and everybody’s screaming, ‘no, no’ and he just started shooting, and everybody started running,” said one eye witness to KSL TV, who didn’t want to be identified. “I was scared, I was scared I didn’t know what to think. I was in shock, ‘did that really happen?’”
Police got the call at 8:15 on Monday night in the area of 3850 West Benview Drive.
Investigators said the victim was shot four times. Twice in the back, once in the stomach and another bullet grazed his head. He some how managed to survive the shooting.
“I’m amazed he’s still alive. I really am,” said the witness.
This witness told KSL TV the victim was drunk and making remarks at a woman. She says the suspect had had enough and got up off his chair and went to confront the victim.
“I thought they were going to fist-fight maybe,” she said.
But instead she says the suspect pulled out a gun, and she heard six shots ring out.
“He pulled out his gun, boom, boom, boom.”
Police told KSL TV that there is still a lot of investigating to do.
“What we do have is a lot of conflicting information at this point. We have a lot of information that points us in one direction and the other direction,” said Roxeanne Vainuku with West Valley City Police Department. “We don’t have a suspect identified. At this point we have a description of someone and we are working on some leads, but at this point we don’t have a suspect we can name.”
According to the witness, the suspect actually goes by the street name, “The Suspect.”
“That’s what he told me his name was,” she said.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)