Police: Student Made Threats Towards East Sandy Elementary
SANDY, Utah — Sandy police said Wednesday they have identified the suspect involved in Monday’s threats against East Sandy Elementary.
Police said the student attends another school in the Canyons District.
Due to the age of the suspect, they are not releasing their identity.
A press release from Sandy Police also addressed the fear and expense that resulted from the threats:
These threats consumed an excessive amount of resources and caused fear among students, staff and parents; creating alarm for school officials. Making any type of threat which causes alarm to the public and/or school officials is dangerous and may be in violation of the law.
With the valid concerns in today’s day and age, we continue to encourage people to come forward with any information regarding school safety concerns.
No charges have been filed yet, police say they are working with the district attorney’s office to determine charges regarding the incident.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)