Suspect Accused of Firing a Pellet Gun at Elementary
(WXIA) A suspect has been identified after students were injured from pellet gun while they were playing outside at Wynbrooke Elementary School in DeKalb County, Georgia.
DeKalb County School District Police did not release the persons name, but they did say they secured a search warrant for their home, where they found a pellet gun they believe was involved in the incident.
Even thought the suspect is in custody several parents didn’t feel safe bringing their children to school.
Tesla McCray, whose 7-year-old daughter was shot, decided to keep her children at home to help them get through what happened saying, “She was confused. She was, you know, shocked and shutdown. So I played with her a little bit, tried to make it easy on her.”
The elementary school has resumed normal operations, after having a heightened police presence at the school Friday, and students were still able to play outside on the campus; two playgrounds with three DeKalb County School District Police officers standing by.
Read more: https://on.11alive.com/2Vw3z5Y
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)