St. George, Logan Rank In Top 10 Most Successful Small Cities In US
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Two Utah cities are getting national attention as some of the most successful small cities in the United States.
The list is part of a report called “Best-Performing Cities 2018: Where America’s Jobs Are Created and Sustained,” by the Milken Institute.
St. George came in at No. 2 and is noted for its tourism industry, low-cost housing, large retiree community as well as great weather. For Logan, at No. 10, education and health care set it apart from other cities, with Utah State University playing a big role.
The list also included two cities from Oregon and two from Georgia, as well as Indiana, Idaho and California:
- Bend-Redmond, Oregon
- St. George
- Gainesville, Georgia
- Elkhart-Goshen, Indiana
- Coeur D’Alene, Idaho
- San Rafael, California
- Medford, Oregon
- Athens-Clarke County, Georgia
- Albany, Oregon
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)