Spike 150, Heritage Festival To Impact Roads In Ogden
OGDEN, Utah – As Ogden celebrates 150 years since the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad on May 9-11, many downtown roads will be impacted.
Ogden’s downtown area will be filled with vendors, performers, food vendors, and more associated with the festival, requiring the road closures. The iconic steam locomotives , Big Boy No. 4014 and Living Legend No. 844, will join together in a public display for the first time.
Come watch the historical reenactment of the driving of the Golden Spike! Plus the rare meeting of the historic steam engines! If you love trains, history or just being downtown, you’re going to want to be there!
Find event details on https://t.co/huKy4H7XtI
— Ogden City (@OgdenCityUtah) April 25, 2019
Downtown roads will be closed from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. starting Thursday, May 9 and continuing through Saturday, May 11. To accommodate the trains, program and Heritage Festival, Wall Avenue will be closed from 23rd Street to 28th Street. Historic 25th Street will be closed from Wall Avenue to Grant Avenue, according to Ogden City.
The city will be in touch with business owners and residents impacted by the road closures with parking and pass information.
To accommodate the road closures, the city has designated parking areas, and shuttle buses will be providing transportation to and from the lots every 30 minutes. A parking map shows where shuttles will pick up passengers.
The Heritage Festival is an annual celebration, but this event will be a special anniversary edition.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)