Man Accused Of Murdering Two Teens Ordered To Stand Trial
PROVO, Utah — New developments today in the murder of two Juab County teens. The criminal case against their accused killer will move forward.
Today, a judge ruled there’s enough evidence against Jerrod Baum to send the case to trial.
Baum is accused of killing Riley Powell and Breezy Otteson and dumping their bodies down an abandoned mine shaft.
Prosecutors say they haven’t decided if they will seek the death penalty.
Baum’s former girlfriend, Morgan Henderson pleaded guilty to obstruction charges and agreed to testify against Baum.
The man accused of murdering a teenage couple and dumping their bodies in a mine had an extensive criminal history that once included an attempted murder charge, according to court records.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)