Man Accused Of Murdering Two Teens Ordered To Stand Trial
PROVO, Utah — New developments today in the murder of two Juab County teens. The criminal case against their accused killer will move forward.
Today, a judge ruled there’s enough evidence against Jerrod Baum to send the case to trial.
Baum is accused of killing Riley Powell and Breezy Otteson and dumping their bodies down an abandoned mine shaft.
Prosecutors say they haven’t decided if they will seek the death penalty.
Baum’s former girlfriend, Morgan Henderson pleaded guilty to obstruction charges and agreed to testify against Baum.
The man accused of murdering a teenage couple and dumping their bodies in a mine had an extensive criminal history that once included an attempted murder charge, according to court records.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)