Three Teens Killed After Crash in Sanpete County
SANPETE COUNTY, Utah -Three teenagers were killed Friday night in a crash in Sanpete County, Sgt. Lawrence Hopper told KSL.
Around 9:20 p.m. a white sedan was heading westbound on Power Plant Road, a county road in Sanpete County, east of Mt. Pleasant.
The sedan was being driven by a 16-year-old female. An 18-year-old male was sitting in the front seat and two 16-year-old girls were in the back seat, police said.
A flatbed truck with a 16-year-old driver and 14-year-old passenger was heading in the same location at a slow rate of speed in front of the sedan.
The flatbed truck was in the path of the sedan as the sedan came over a hill. The sedan tried to stop but it was going too fast, police said, and the sedan crashed into the rear of the flatbed and then burst into flames.
The front male passenger, identified as 18-year-old Ryan Lyman, out of Ephraim, and a rear passenger, identified as 16-year-old Julie Oldroyd, of Fountain Green, were killed on impact.
The second passenger in the backseat, identified as 16-year-old Kodi Wheeler, of Fountain Green, was taken to the hospital, but died from her injuries.
A gofundme* account has been set up to help one of the families with funeral expenses.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)