Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Announces Saratoga Springs Temple Plans
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A temple in Saratoga Springs was announced a little more than two years ago in General Conference. Local residents have long speculated that this could be the place.
Kelsey Oram came by after hearing the news this morning.
“I could maybe even walk to the temple so that is really fun,” Oram said.
She lives in the subdivision just south of the undeveloped land where church officials notified the city this morning that they plan to build the temple.
Here is the location where The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints plans to build a new temple in Saratoga Springs. It is west of Redwood Road and north of Meadowside Drive. Watch @KSL5TV at noon. pic.twitter.com/2OkXQ43D5w
— Sam Penrod (@KSLsampenrod) May 7, 2019
The site is on farm property owned by the church and in an area partially approved for a housing development, known as Beacon Pointe. The church says the temple will be three stories, 87-000 square feet and built on 22 acres.
“We knew that a lot of the land here was owned by the church, and so we all were speculating different areas and when the city plans came out recently it had roads going to this spot, so a few of us had guessed this would be where they put the temple, now that we know for sure it is really exciting,” Oram said.
The location is north of the existing Grandview subdivision, and all of the area is currently empty fields.
No groundbreaking date by the church has been set.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)