Man Shot Outside Home On Mother’s Day; Suspect Still At Large
BLUFFDALE, Utah – A suspect is still at large after a Sunday-night shooting that put a man in the hospital.
Saratoga Springs Police are on the lookout for Ryan Nolan Holladay, 36, after they say he drove to the victim’s home at 1054 W. Witherspoon Court on Sunday just after 9:30 p.m., fired six shots, and then drove off.
The victim, a 34-year-old man, was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The victim’s wife said the man sustained two gunshot wounds — one in the arm and one in the torso — and he is currently recovering. She said the shooting stemmed from a dispute over landscaping work.
“Our next-door neighbors — and across the street — they said they hard the shots,” said neighbor Jami Hanson. “One of them even came outside because they thought it was fireworks.”
After being shot, the victim was taken to a nearby firehouse and then to Intermountain Medical Center.
The victim’s wife said the man had paid Hollady upfront for landscaping work that didn’t get done, and the two were scheduled for mediation this week.
Police are asking for the public’s help in locating Holladay.
“We’ve sent units to various addresses we know the suspect frequents — including his residence,” said Saratoga Springs Police Chief Andrew Burton. “At this point we have not located the suspect.”
Holladay is described as 6 feet tall, 235 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen driving a black Ford pickup that was later discovered abandoned near the Salt Lake Airport.
Anyone who’s seen Holladay or his truck, or who has any information that could help authorities, is asked to call the Saratoga Springs Police Department at 801-766-6503 or the Bluffdale Police Department at 801-794-3970.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)