Julián Castro Makes Universal Pre-K Focus Of Education Plan
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro is calling for free public college tuition and universal prekindergarten under a new education plan in his 2020 campaign.
The former Obama Cabinet member’s proposals unveiled Monday would also boost teacher pay by up to $10,000 a year through a federal tax credit while funding prekindergarten for children as young as three.
Castro is rolling out his plan for the nation’s classrooms and universities following a heavy focus on immigration reform during the early stages of his campaign.
Other candidates in the sprawling Democratic field are also embracing tuition-free higher education and reforming the nation’s student loan programs. Last month, Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts proposed eliminating existing student debt altogether for millions of Americans.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)