Trump Faces Backlash Over Plan To Dip Into Pell Reserves
Education advocates say a Trump administration plan to use federal Pell Grant money for space exploration would jeopardize aid for future college students.
Administration officials say the proposal won’t hurt students. But many education groups say the surplus is needed to guard against sudden surges in demand for Pell Grants, which often happen during economic downturns.
Jon Fansmith, director of government relations for the American Council on Education, says the plan would undercut the program’s stability.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)