Trump Faces Backlash Over Plan To Dip Into Pell Reserves
Education advocates say a Trump administration plan to use federal Pell Grant money for space exploration would jeopardize aid for future college students.
Administration officials say the proposal won’t hurt students. But many education groups say the surplus is needed to guard against sudden surges in demand for Pell Grants, which often happen during economic downturns.
Jon Fansmith, director of government relations for the American Council on Education, says the plan would undercut the program’s stability.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)