Friends Claim Other Side To Story As Man Accused In Mexico Of Running Over Three
MAGNA, Utah — A man was under arrest in Tijuana Tuesday as police accused him of running over 3 people and hitting 7 cars while fleeing from officers.
Investigators, according to a report filed by the Baja California State Police, alleged that the chain of events started when 29-year-old Frank Stricker got into an argument with someone on the road.
However, Andrew Walker—a longtime friend of Stricker—said Tuesday evening that a woman who was traveling with Stricker claimed she was the victim of a crime and that Stricker had saved her life during the ordeal.
“Everyone’s making him out to look like a bad guy—he’s not a bad guy,” Walker said. “To just run through a crowd like that, there had to be someone chasing him.”
Walker declined to go into detail publicly about the alleged crime against the woman, saying it was up to her if and when she shared her account of what happened.
Police say a Utah man with a lengthy rap sheet ran over three people in Mexico while fleeing from officers, but a longtime friend here says there’s a whole other side to the story…@KSL5TV at 10p #KSLTV pic.twitter.com/GU3XeYLMA7
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) May 15, 2019
“There’s got to be something more to it that we’re not seeing,” Walker said.
A search of Utah court records showed Stricker had an extensive criminal history, including convictions in recent years for failing to stop at the command of police, theft by receiving stolen property and retail theft.
Earlier this month, Stricker was charged with driving on a suspended or revoked license.
“We’ve all done things we regret, but we pay the price,” Walker shrugged.
Walker said Stricker had traveled to San Diego to visit family and he was uncertain how he wound up in Tijuana.
He said he was driving Tuesday night to meet up with family and bring the woman back to Utah, and he urged people to wait for the full story to come out.
“Let them tell you their side,” Walker said. “I mean, honestly, there’s two sides to every story. You decide who the bad guy is.”
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)