English Premier League Ratings On NBC increase
NEW YORK (AP) — The final-day drama in England’s Premier League delivered big viewership numbers for NBC.
The network and Nielsen say 2.2 million viewers tuned in for “Championship Sunday,” which was the most-watched season finale in the United States. It was a 19 percent increase over last year’s final day, when the only drama was which teams would be relegated.
Champion Manchester City’s match at Brighton & Hove Albion and Liverpool’s match against Wolverhampton averaged a combined number of 1.3 million.
All matches on the final day begin at the same time and are broadcast throughout networks owned by NBC.
Premier League director of broadcasting Paul Molnar said the league is pleased with the continued ratings increases in the U.S.
NBC Sports Group averaged 457,000 viewers per match window this season, which is a 2 percent increase over last year. Washington, D.C., was the highest-rated market for games on NBC and NBCSN.
(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 29330)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 10903)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 7691)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 6103)
- 3 People Injured In Dramatic Crash On Bonneville Salt Flats, Witness Says (pageviews: 5978)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5683)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4723)
- Are You Graduating This Year? Pizza Hut Wants To Give You A Free Pizza (pageviews: 3948)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 3685)