English Premier League Ratings On NBC increase
NEW YORK (AP) — The final-day drama in England’s Premier League delivered big viewership numbers for NBC.
The network and Nielsen say 2.2 million viewers tuned in for “Championship Sunday,” which was the most-watched season finale in the United States. It was a 19 percent increase over last year’s final day, when the only drama was which teams would be relegated.
Champion Manchester City’s match at Brighton & Hove Albion and Liverpool’s match against Wolverhampton averaged a combined number of 1.3 million.
All matches on the final day begin at the same time and are broadcast throughout networks owned by NBC.
Premier League director of broadcasting Paul Molnar said the league is pleased with the continued ratings increases in the U.S.
NBC Sports Group averaged 457,000 viewers per match window this season, which is a 2 percent increase over last year. Washington, D.C., was the highest-rated market for games on NBC and NBCSN.
(Copyright 2019 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)