Tattoo Inks Recalled Due To Microorganisms
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The FDA on Wednesday reported a recall for certain tattoo inks that have been contaminated by microorganisms.
According to the recall alert, the following inks were recalled due to contamination:
- Scalpaink SC, Scalpaink PA, and Scalpaink AL basic black tattoo inks manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics (all lots)
- Dynamic Color – Black tattoo ink manufactured by Dynamic Color Inc (lots 12024090 and 12026090)
- Solid Ink-Diablo (red) tattoo ink manufactured by Color Art Inc. (dba Solid Ink) (dba Antone’s Ink) (lot 10.19.18)
The FDA is urging tattoo artists be aware and make sure they aren’t using the listed inks. Those considering getting a new tattoo should talk with their artists and verify which inks will be used.
“Tattoo inks contaminated with microorganisms can cause infections and lead to serious health injuries when injected into the skin during a tattooing procedure, since there is an increased risk of infection any time the skin barrier is broken,” according to the FDA.
Those who experience symptoms of infection, such as rashes or lesions consisting of red papules in the area of a tattoo, are urged to contact their health care providers and immediately inform their tattoo artists.
“Consumers should also consider reporting their injury to MedWatch: FDA’s Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program,” According to the FDA. “The FDA encourages consumers with questions about product safety to submit an inquiry, or to visit www.fda.gov/fcic for additional information.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)