UHP: Fatal Motorcycle Vs Semi Crash Closes Highway 6 Overnight
GREEN RIVER, Utah – US Highway 6 was closed for hours Thursday night and into Friday morning after a crash left one person dead, officials said.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a motorcycle with a lone rider crossed into the center of the highway at mile post 298 at approximately 10:45 p.m. and collided with with an oncoming semi-truck. The motorcyclist died at the scene.
The semi-truck driver’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision caused a fire, which destroyed the semi truck and its cargo, resulting in a road closure in both directions that lasted approximately four hours.
Authorities said alcohol, prescription drugs and windy weather are all possible factors in the crash.
This story will be updated if new information is made available.
- KSL Investigates: Was Turbulent Protest Caused By ‘Out Of State' Instigators? (pageviews: 14132)
- 41 Arrested, 21 Officers Hurt In Downtown SLC Protest (pageviews: 12537)
- Salt Lake Begins Process To Clean Up, Assess Damage From Protest (pageviews: 11883)
- May 2020 Downtown Protest - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9844)
- Clean-Up Crews Gather Downtown After Protests Turn Violent (pageviews: 9472)
- Salt Lake Issues Week-Long Curfew For Overnight Hours (pageviews: 8230)
- Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters (pageviews: 7744)
- Curfew Enacted As Protests Continue In SLC; Multiple Cars Set On Fire (pageviews: 7581)
- Live (pageviews: 6862)