Child Pornography Arrests On The Rise In Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Investigators say child pornography arrests have nearly doubled in Utah over the last five years, mirroring a nationwide trend.
Commander Jessica Farnsworth of Utah’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force says in 2013 they arrested 133 people accused of downloading child pornography. Last year her unit arrested 226 people on such charges.
Child pornography crimes have been increasing throughout the country. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said they received over 18 million reports of possible cases in 2018, compared to 10 million reports in 2017.
Vice-president John Shehan credits a law requiring companies to report child pornography with an influx of new reports.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)