Tooele County Man Pulls Woman From Partially Submerged Car
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A Tooele County man pulled a woman from a wrecked car along Interstate 80 late Thursday night.
Brian Endicott said he and his wife, Shelly, were coming home from Salt Lake City around 10:30 Thursday night when the car in front of theirs spun out of control in the heavy rain. The car went off an embankment and landed on its roof partially underwater.
“At this point, I’m scared that there’s somebody dead in there, smashed, water coming up, can’t breathe.. What if there’s kids?” Endicott said.
Shelly Endicott called 911 while Brian Endicott rushed down the embankment to see if he could help. As he reached the car in waist-deep water, he saw the woman through the window.
“She’s got a look of horror on her face, but she’s trying to talk back to me. We can’t hear each other,” he said.
Endicott was able to force the door open and help the woman back up to the road.
“Surprisingly, she’s okay. There’s not a drop of blood and she’s talking to me totally fine,” he said.
The Endicotts comforted the woman until first responders arrived to check her out. She was not seriously injured.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)