Helicopter Model At Center Of Tragic Utah Crash Draws Safety Questions
ALPINE, Utah — The safety of a popular helicopter model is coming into question after one was at the center of a fatal crash in Utah last week.
A couple from Ballard, Utah died in the crash in the mountains above Alpine on Friday.
The model in the crash, the R44 helicopter, has been one of the more scrutinized in recent years according to a KSL.com report.
A report in the Los Angeles Times analyzed data from 2006 to 2016 from the NTSB and FAA data for the model and found it had the highest death rate per 100,000 flight hours.
You can read the full report on KSL.com.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)