Main Street Under Construction As TRAX Project Enters Phase 2
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation is beginning Phase 2 of its rail construction project happening downtown.
The newest portion of the project will affect the area of 400 South and Main Street. UTA has been working on replacing 18-year-old rails for more than two weeks now.
From Tuesday through May 28, the construction area will be expanded north on Main Street to 100 South as UTA replaces four sets of tracks, Project Manager James Larson said.
#UTAConstruction: Starting today we go into Phase II. The only change is for TRAX Blue and Green riders: now you shuttle between Courthouse and City Center Stations (instead of Courthouse and Gallivan). More info at: https://t.co/g43hTgH0Lc#transitdetours #downtownSLC pic.twitter.com/CATiBkClFL
— UTA (@RideUTA) May 21, 2019
“My suggestion: stay away from Main Street,” he said. “Stay away from 4th South.”
Larson said drivers should use State Street and West Temple as alternate north and south routes during construction, and 100, 500 and 600 Souths can be used as alternatives going east and west.
TRAX riders will also be affected. There will be no service at Gallivan Plaza Station, so riders will need to take shuttles between Courthouse and City Center TRAX stations.
“We’re trying to minimize the disruption as much as possible for these eight days,” Larson said. “It’ll go very, very quickly because you figure we’ve already gone through 18 days already.”
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)