Teen Recovers From Bike Injury Due To Pediatric Trauma Telehealth
RIVERTON, Utah – Nearly every family has ended up in the emergency room for an injured or sick child. Lucky for 12-year-old Lance, the Primary Children’s Hospital Pediatric Trauma Telehealth service unit was available to offer help after he crashed on his bike.
Lance suffered a head injury after crashing his twice in his neighborhood. After symptoms of a concussion worsened, he ended up in the Riverton Hospital Emergency Room in the middle of the night.
The facility has the Primary Children’s telehealth services. Because of this, ER caregivers were able to consult with specialists in Salt Lake City.
In addition to the concussion, Lance suffered abdominal injuries that required an initial consult and follow-up via the telehealth service.
Had it not been for this advancement, he would have been transported to Salt Lake for treatment. Instead, specialists were able to come to him – and keep him closer to home.
The service is new at Primary Children’s Hospital. In addition to its use in Riverton, its available in Billings, Montana as part of a partnership with St. Vincent Health Care.
The service is anticipated to expand elsewhere in the Intermountain system to keep children closer to home for care.
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 41226)
- Search Warrant sheds light on Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 24739)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10333)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9629)
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 9583)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 7555)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 6173)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 4628)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4239)