Who Should Be The Next Wolverine? This Petition With 11K Signatures Is Calling For Danny DeVito
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – With Disney having recently acquired some of properties from Fox — including the “X-Men” franchise, fans are hoping some of their favorite mutants will make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
But with Hugh Jackman’s tenure as Wolverine at an end, some are wondering who should breath new life into the character.
“Danny DeVito is) the only man able tot take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” according to the petition called “Have Danny DeVito play the rebooted Wolverine in the MCU.”
The petitioner, whose Change.org handle is Ring Arius, is listed as living in Seattle. His profile is a single sentence: “Just a man who wants Danny DeVito as Wolverine.”
As of Wednesday morning, the the petition had already garnered more than 11,000 signatures.
Signer Ryan Foster wrote, “This is the most important cause I’ve ever supported.”
“I’m signing because Danny DeVito was born to play Wolverine,” wrote signer Steven Sheffield. “Or maybe Wolverine was created to be played by Danny DeVito.”
And Nicholas Cobb wrote, “I shouldn’t have to say why, it’s pretty obvious.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)