Church President Presents Donations To Mosques Targeted In NZ Terrorist Attack
AUKLAND, New Zealand — Church President Russel M. Nelson presented a $100,000 donation to two mosques, which were connected to the deadly terrorist attack in March.
President Nelson made the donation on a stop as part of his Pacific Ministry Tour for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Nelson met with Muslim leaders, including the Imams from the two mosques affected by the attack.
Breaking in New Zealand @NelsonRussellM donates $100,000 dollars on behalf of #ChurchofJesusChrist to two Mosques connected to March’s deadly terrorist shooting @KSL5TV @ChurchNewsroom pic.twitter.com/6JPBogeZMb
— Dan Rascon (@TVDanRascon) May 21, 2019
He also read a letter of condolence to local and national Muslim leaders while meeting with them in Auckland, New Zealand.
The donation is intended to help rebuild the two mosques from the damage they sustained in the tragic killings.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)