Children Of Utah Man Who Died On Mount Everest Say He Taught Them To Dream Big
SANDY, Utah – The children of a Utah man who died after reaching the summit of Mount Everest are remembering him as “larger than life” and a man who loved a challenge.
“The last message he sent to me, he said ‘I feel so blessed to be on the mountain that I read about for the last 40 years,'” his son Tanner Cash said.
Don Cash died this week on Mount Everest. The 55-year-old had just completed his goal of reaching the summit of the highest mountain on every continent.
After reaching the top of the mountain, his family believes he had a heart attack and collapsed. They said sherpas attempted CPR and gave him their oxygen, but he died as they tried to get him down a congested route to camp.
Cash’s children said he had always been a man who dreamed big and embraced challenges.
“He taught us that nothing was impossible. You can do literally anything. If you can dream it, you can do it,” his daughter Brandalin Cash said.
They said he was a farm boy from Ohio who built an amazing life for himself and his family. He worked in software sales and his kids said he made a big impact on everyone he came into contact with.
“In his work, he always said ‘my success is from the success of others.’ He has been a mentor to so many people,” said another daughter, Danielle Cook.
Cash’s body will remain on the mountain, but they said he would always be with them as well. His message of dreaming big will stay with them too.
“One of the last messages my mom got was thank you for supporting me in my dreams,” Brandalin Cash said. “He wanted to do this. He wanted to be on that mountain. He wanted to show that he could accomplish dreams and that others can too,”
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 9790)
- 'He Was So Caring': Family Remembers Teen Killed In Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 7246)
- Several Park Goers Concerned About Capacity At Lagoon (pageviews: 6967)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 6784)
- Surveillance Photos Show Missing Teen With Man, Woman (pageviews: 6331)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 5538)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 4778)
- Idaho Police Seeking Public's Help In Locating Missing Park City Hiker (pageviews: 2972)
- COVID-19 Impacting Snow Removal In Woodland Hills (pageviews: 2872)