Children Of Utah Man Who Died On Mount Everest Say He Taught Them To Dream Big
SANDY, Utah – The children of a Utah man who died after reaching the summit of Mount Everest are remembering him as “larger than life” and a man who loved a challenge.
“The last message he sent to me, he said ‘I feel so blessed to be on the mountain that I read about for the last 40 years,'” his son Tanner Cash said.
Don Cash died this week on Mount Everest. The 55-year-old had just completed his goal of reaching the summit of the highest mountain on every continent.
After reaching the top of the mountain, his family believes he had a heart attack and collapsed. They said sherpas attempted CPR and gave him their oxygen, but he died as they tried to get him down a congested route to camp.
Cash’s children said he had always been a man who dreamed big and embraced challenges.
“He taught us that nothing was impossible. You can do literally anything. If you can dream it, you can do it,” his daughter Brandalin Cash said.
They said he was a farm boy from Ohio who built an amazing life for himself and his family. He worked in software sales and his kids said he made a big impact on everyone he came into contact with.
“In his work, he always said ‘my success is from the success of others.’ He has been a mentor to so many people,” said another daughter, Danielle Cook.
Cash’s body will remain on the mountain, but they said he would always be with them as well. His message of dreaming big will stay with them too.
“One of the last messages my mom got was thank you for supporting me in my dreams,” Brandalin Cash said. “He wanted to do this. He wanted to be on that mountain. He wanted to show that he could accomplish dreams and that others can too,”
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 16902)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 10948)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 6159)
- Five Utah Police Agencies Looking For Purse Snatchers (pageviews: 3234)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 3143)
- Local Body Shop Creates One-Of-A-Kind Casket For Police Dog Hondo (pageviews: 2873)
- Utah Couple's Dream Italian Vacation Canceled After Coronavirus Cases Spike (pageviews: 2719)
- 5-Year-Old Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2663)
- 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In Millcreek Auto-Pedestrian Crash (pageviews: 2527)