Officials Identify Woman Killed In Head-On Crash In Summit County
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah – One person died and another was critically injured in a head-on crash Thursday morning, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to the crash at approximately 8:45 a.m. at 4650 W. Browns Canyon Road, where they discovered one driver deceased and another driver with critical injuries.
Browns Canyon Road fatal crash in Summit County today. pic.twitter.com/7ZCc24QG2L
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) May 23, 2019
According to a statement released by the sheriff’s office, investigators believe the driver of a Toyota Camry was traveling westbound on the road and veered into oncoming traffic. The Camry then collided with a Toyota Highlander, and the driver of the Camry died on impact. The driver of the Highlander was taken to a Salt Lake City area hospital.
The driver of the Camry was Marla Lou Harris, 63, of Oakley.
The driver of the Highlander is a 31-year-old man from Peoa. His identity hasn’t been released.
There were no witnesses, according to officials, and the crash is currently under investigation.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)