Officials Identify Woman Killed In Head-On Crash In Summit County
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah – One person died and another was critically injured in a head-on crash Thursday morning, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to the crash at approximately 8:45 a.m. at 4650 W. Browns Canyon Road, where they discovered one driver deceased and another driver with critical injuries.
Browns Canyon Road fatal crash in Summit County today. pic.twitter.com/7ZCc24QG2L
— Sheriff Justin (@SummitCountySO) May 23, 2019
According to a statement released by the sheriff’s office, investigators believe the driver of a Toyota Camry was traveling westbound on the road and veered into oncoming traffic. The Camry then collided with a Toyota Highlander, and the driver of the Camry died on impact. The driver of the Highlander was taken to a Salt Lake City area hospital.
The driver of the Camry was Marla Lou Harris, 63, of Oakley.
The driver of the Highlander is a 31-year-old man from Peoa. His identity hasn’t been released.
There were no witnesses, according to officials, and the crash is currently under investigation.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)