Explosion In Tooele Garage Sends Man To Hospital
TOOELE, Utah — An explosion in a garage Thursday evening left a man badly injured, firefighters said.
When firefighters arrived at around 5:30 p.m. to a home near 1000 West and 900 South, they found the man—who was said to be in his 30s—down on the grass in front of the home.
He had second and third-degree burns to his upper torso, according to Tooele City Fire Capt. Bucky Whitehouse.
“Anytime we have an explosion like this in the middle of a residential area, we would classify that as peculiar at the very least and it does take some time to determine what the actual cause is of an event like this,” Whitehouse said.
Later in the evening, investigators said it appeared there was some sort of accident involving propane, and that some tanks in the garage exploded.
Exactly what triggered the explosion was still unclear, firefighters said.
Whitehouse said the man was flown to University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City.
Firefighters did not have an updated condition on the man late Thursday night.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)