Utah Ax-Throwing Venue Adds Pool Tables, Gets Beer License
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Salt Lake City ax-throwing business has been granted a license to sell beer after adding pool and billiard tables to the venue.
Utah alcohol commissioners approved the license Tuesday for Social Axe Throwing after finding that the addition of the pool and billiard tables on the premises satisfied a new law’s definition of a “recreational amenity.”
The law listing businesses that can have recreational beer licenses includes bowling alleys, concert venues, miniature golf courses and pool parlors.
The definition did not include ax throwing or karaoke.
The commission last month denied license requests from Social Axe and Heart and Seoul Karaoke, both in Salt Lake City.
Commissioner Jacquelyn Orton said Tuesday that Social Axe has “gone above and beyond to show good faith” in complying with the new law.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)