Hiker Rescued By Helicopter After Being Trapped Under Rocks
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah – A hiker was airlifted to safety Thursday after being trapped beneath fallen rocks, authorities said.
According to a Facebook post from North Summit Fire District, the woman was hiking in Echo Canyon when the rocks fell on her. She was trapped for approximately 30 minutes before she was able to free herself and call 911.
“Due to the patient’s injuries and the steep terrain, it was determined the best thing for the patient’s safety and safety of those responding was to air lift/hoist the patient out of the dangerous terrain,” according to NSFD.
Search crews then used a helicopter to rescue her.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)