Trial Delayed for Utah Man Accused in Opioid Drug Ring
U.S. District Judge Dale Kimball decided Friday that the trial of Aaron Michael Shamo will begin Aug. 12 to give defense attorneys more time to sort through additional evidence in the voluminous case.
Shamo is charged with making the pills in his suburban basement and selling them on the internet’s dark web to people all over the country, at one point raking in $2.8 million in less than a year. The 2016 bust ranked among the largest of its kind in the country.
Shamo has pleaded not guilty to more than a dozen charges. Prosecutors have struck plea deals with others accused in the drug ring.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)