Trailer Gutted In Logan, Leaving Man Without Tools to Work
LOGAN, Utah — Derrick Anderson is out dozens of tools and equipment that he spent decades accumulating. He used his work trailer, and the tools in it, it to install hardwood flooring in cabins.
By the time he got to the trailer yesterday, it had been gutted and much of the aluminum shell was scrapped.
There were a number of power tools inside a kitchenette.
“There was a bank of chargeable drills and cordless stuff along this wall. Table saw folded out here… drill pres in the corner,” Anderson pointed out what used to fill the trailer.
They tore out the copper wires and ripped out the aluminum siding.
Anderson said they also hit his semi truck down the path.
“And they got in here,” Anderson said of the damage to his truck. “they took the other power seat out, took the CB radio.”
As Anderson pulled up here yesterday afternoon, there was one man and a car.
“I could see something was wrong, because (the trailer) no longer had walls,” he said.
He blocked off the path with his car, and called 911.
“And when he took off… he went through the field,” he said.
Police arrested Michael Keller, and say they found many tools and stolen goods in his car — not all of it was Anderson’s.
According to arresting documents, detectives believe they know the identities of several other men who were working with Keller.
In the meantime, Anderson isn’t sure what he’ll do. He’s currently out on disability, and had taken up painting while he recovers from a car accident.
He said putting his art degree to work has been fun… but he’s not sure that it will pay the bills in the long run.
“I don’t know how I’m going to replace all that,” he said. “Granted my construction ability is somewhat limited. I still had hoped to supervise crews, hire some kids.”
Logan Police are working with police in Tremonton to see if a number of recent burglaries there might be tied to the suspects here.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)