Man Accused Of Killing 5-Year-Old Girl Due In Court Monday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The man accused of killing his 5-year-old niece will appear in court Monday.
Alexander Whipple, 21, has been charged with the kidnapping and murder of Elizabeth Shelley.
“We will seek the harshest penalty possible that’s available to us, which will now be life without the possibility of parole,” Cache County Attorney James Swink said.
According to criminal records beginning in 2016, Whipple has had a troubled past. Those records included assault, joyriding, possession of a controlled substance, and stealing a car and fleeing from police.
Whipple was sentenced in prison in 2018, but that prison sentence was suspended and he was ordered to spend 180 days in jail and five years of probation.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)