Man Who Loaned Gun To McCluskey’s Killer Admits Guilt
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The man who loaned a gun to Lauren McCluskey’s killer pleaded guilty Monday.
Nathan Daniel Vogel, 21, of Millcreek, admitted in court to illegally purchasing the gun just five days before McCluskey was murdered.
Vogel obtained the gun by having Sarah Emily Lady, 24, of Mapleton, purchase it for him to avoid a background check and waiting period.
“I was unable to obtain a handgun on the day of purchase because I had a waiting period due to my background in the military,” according to statement from Vogel to the court. “The plan was for Lady to purchase the gun for me. I had previously given her $400 to pay for the handgun.”
Investigators said Melvin Rowland, the man who killed McCluskey, borrowed the gun from Vogel for $200.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)