Man Who Loaned Gun To McCluskey’s Killer Admits Guilt
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The man who loaned a gun to Lauren McCluskey’s killer pleaded guilty Monday.
Nathan Daniel Vogel, 21, of Millcreek, admitted in court to illegally purchasing the gun just five days before McCluskey was murdered.
Vogel obtained the gun by having Sarah Emily Lady, 24, of Mapleton, purchase it for him to avoid a background check and waiting period.
“I was unable to obtain a handgun on the day of purchase because I had a waiting period due to my background in the military,” according to statement from Vogel to the court. “The plan was for Lady to purchase the gun for me. I had previously given her $400 to pay for the handgun.”
Investigators said Melvin Rowland, the man who killed McCluskey, borrowed the gun from Vogel for $200.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)