Can You Master This 10 Question Hiking Quiz?
This hiking quiz on the best hiking trails from around the country is sponsored by Scheels.
Hiking is one of American’s favorite outdoor activities. It gives you the opportunity to explore the outdoors and admire the beautiful landscapes in your backyard. And you can get some great exercise too. How much do you hike? Can’t wait to get out of work to take that 2-hour long hike? Are you out on the trail right now? Then this hiking quiz is for you! If you think you know everything about hiking, then take the hiking quiz and see how much you really know your trails!
Approximately how many Americans go hiking every year in the United States?
According to Statista.com, about 45 million Americans go hiking each year.
What is the longest hiking trail in North America?
The American Discovery Trail is a series of linked roads and recreational trails that collectively form a coast-to-coast trail across the middle of the United States.
How long does it normally take to hike the Appalachian Trail?
Hiking the Appalachian Trail usually takes between five and seven months. But some experienced hikers have speed hiked the trail in under two months.
What's the success rate of hikers who attempt to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail?
What is the name that refers to the three major U.S. Long Distance Hiking Trails (Pacific Crest Trail Appalachian Trail, Continental Divide)?
According to ALDHA-West, only 334 people have officially completed the Triple Crown.
What should a hiker do if they encounter a grizzly bear?
Most experts suggest showing the bear that you aren't a threat.
Which is an alternative term for backpacking?
In New Zealand and parts of Europe, overnight hiking is often called tramping.
While hiking, why should you avoid drinking out of ponds, lakes, puddles, streams and rivers?
Always treat or boil water before drinking. Drinking water that contains bacteria and parasites can make you very sick with Giardia, Cryptosporidium and profuse diarrhea among other ailments.
What disease can you contract from a tick bite?
Typical symptoms of Lyme disease include fatigue, fever, and a skin rash. If left untreated, the infection can spread to your heart, joints, and nervous system.
In 2018, what age group represented the largest share of hikers in the United States?
According to Statista.com, in 2018, hiking was the most popular with 30-49 year-olds (17.5%), then 18-29 (16.95%) and finally 50-64 (16.04%).
Share your Results:
How did you do? If you rocked this quiz (pun intended), then be sure to share it with your hiking friends so they can see how serious about hiking they are too.
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)