Man Accused Of Intentionally Hitting Girl On Scooter Charged With Attempted Homicide
DRAPER, Utah – A man who police say intentionally drove a vehicle into a girl riding a scooter has been charged with attempted murder.
According to charging documents, Steven Becky, 19, of Draper, on May 31 ran into an 11-year-old girl “because she was white.”
A witness told authorities that, after the crash, Becky walked toward the victim and said, “We all have to die sometime,” according to police reports.
The girl suffered a fractured hip and a head injury.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)