Police: Reckless Driver Critically Injured In Crash
RIVERTON, Utah – A 29-year-old driver is in the hospital after police say he was driving recklessly and crashed into an SUV with three people inside.
The crash happened Sunday at about 8:30 p.m. on Bangerter Highway at approximately 13400 South. The roads were closed for several hours overnight.
Authorities said they suspect the driver was operating his his under the influence. Witnesses reported he was stopping at green lights and running through red lights. He was reportedly fleeing from police when he drove head-on into the SUV.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) June 10, 2019
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray said the occupants of the SUV were all wearing seatbelts. They are all in stable condition.
The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Police said they found an open container in the man’s truck.
Gray said the driver of the truck fled from police earlier Sunday after a group of ATV riders called police to tell them the man was heckling them.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)