Police Search For Suspect They Say Stole Car, Fled On Foot
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Police are searching for a suspected car thief who took off from a traffic stop Monday night and then abandoned the vehicle later.
Unified Police Sgt. Jaren Fowler said a detective ran the license plates of a car during a traffic stop, and the plates did not match the vehicle. The suspect was driving a car that had been stolen earlier in the evening from the Millcreek area.
The suspect then drove away from the traffic stop, but the detective did not pursue. Authorities located the abandoned vehicle near 6698 S. Hollow Dale Drive. The driver had fled on foot, Fowler said, although two women remained inside the car.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaNews) June 11, 2019
The women were taken into custody. Police said they don’t believe either were involved in the theft, although one of them had an outstanding warrant.
The suspect is described as a white male in his late teens or early 20s, and he could be facing charges for theft by receiving a stolen vehicle, a second-degree felony; and for fleeing from police, a third-degree felony.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)