Man Arrested After He Posts Videos Of His Reckless Driving On YouTube
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A man is facing charges after police say his reckless driving was recorded and then posted to his YouTube channel.
Videos taken from his dash cam show Matthew Mitchell, 28, weaving in and out of traffic on I-15 in Davis County, swerving at cars he finds “irritating,” driving on the highway shoulder, tailgating, and driving at speeds far above the posted limits.
According to investigators, in one of his videos he passed 13 vehicles in a matter of 20 seconds.
Utah Highway Patrol was able to track Mitchell down after receiving a tip and then reviewing the materials documented on his YouTube channel.
UHP arrested him on nine different charges, including reckless driving and reckless endangerment.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)