South Salt Lake Nonprofit’s Van Stolen And Totaled, Hampers Fresh Deliveries
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Getting fresh produce to consumers is something nonprofit The Green Urban Lunch Box prides itself in. After the theft of their van two weeks ago, the organization is having a rotten time making those deliveries.
“Somebody stole our van and I guess they took it for test drive,” organization coordinator Darin Mann said. “They loaded it up with some equipment and then drove off.”
The van was involved in a hit and run and abandoned in a parking lot not far from the organization’s community farm located at 3188 S 1100 W, South Salt Lake. Police picked it up and helped return it back to the nonprofit, without any arrests.
“The van did get totaled and the repair cost is about $5,600,” Mann said.
The van is one of two the organization, which grows and harvest fruits and vegetables around the valley, uses to deliver produce. Mann said without the van it hinders their ability to make deliveries and get volunteers to their worksites.
“We have volunteer harvesters that need to use our van so they can drive all over the valley, harvest fruit that would otherwise go to waste,” he said.
The organization is staying optimistic and have set up a GoFundMe* account hoping those donations will help repair their ride.
“We got to get him fixed up and we will,” Mann said.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)