UPDATE: 3-Year-Old Boy’s Condition Improves After 13-Foot Fall From Window
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A three-year-old boy is in the hospital after police say he fell about 13 feet from a bedroom window on the second floor of his home.
The boy’s condition improved overnight, Spanish Fork Police Lt. Brandon Anderson said.
Police received the call about noon Tuesday and responded to the incident, which occurred in the area of 230 South and 750 West. The boy had fallen a little more than 13 feet and landed on the concrete below the window, Anderson said.
The child’s mother was in the room with him when he fell through a screen, although she was looking down while folding laundry, according to Anderson.
He said the boy suffered from severe head injuries and was flown via medical helicopter in critical condition to Primary Children’s Hospital.
Medical staff are continuing monitoring the child’s head and back, but at this point they don’t believe he’ll need any surgeries, Anderson said.
KSL.com’s Lauren Bennett contributed to this report.
- Antibody Testing Shows Many Utahns Had COVID-19 But Did Not Know It (pageviews: 20182)
- Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls (pageviews: 9674)
- Three-Year-Old Child Drowns In Residential Pool In St. George (pageviews: 9639)
- Cache County Woman Dies Of COVID-19; State Total At 98 (pageviews: 7686)
- Woman Killed After Meeting Suspect On Tinder In Layton (pageviews: 7627)
- White Woman Apologizes After Calling Police On Black Man Saying He Was Threatening Her Life (pageviews: 5371)
- Four Minneapolis Officers Fired After Death Of Black Man (pageviews: 5158)
- Thousands Of Boats Inspected For Invasive Mussels Over Holiday Weekend (pageviews: 5055)
- Lawmakers Want VA To Remove Swastika From Gravestone At Utah Cemetery (pageviews: 4454)
- Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect (pageviews: 4235)