Weber County Crews Rescue Dog From Car In Ogden River
OGDEN, Utah – If every dog has his day, then this one’s was Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
According to Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, crews responded to a vehicle crash in Ogden Canyon where a car had overturned in the Ogden river. The driver of the car had reportedly fled the scene, and SAR needed to ensure there weren’t any other occupants inside before the vehicle was removed from the water.
During the investigation, crews could hear a dog barking inside the car. One of the SAR dive team members was lowered down a rock wall to the vehicle, but he was unable to get the dog out.
The dog was then secured inside the car, and the car was extracted from the river.
“The dog was not injured,” according to the Weber County Sheriff’s Office. “(It was) just a little wet and happy to get a treat.”
Weber County Animal Services assisted with the lucky pooch.
Information about the driver of the vehicle was not immediately available.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)