Fatal Auto-Pedestrian Crash On I-15 In Box Elder County Shuts Down All Northbound Lanes
WILLARD, Utah – A fatal crash involving a pedestrian Friday morning on I-15 had all northbound lanes closed in Willard Bay area.
Box Elder Dispatch began receiving phone calls of an auto-pedestrian crash at approximately 5:15 a.m., according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Nick Street said a pedestrian walked in front of a semi-truck.
A black car with California license plates was parked in the right hand emergency lane where the man had walked into traffic, according to DPS. Officials said the individual appeared to have walked in front of the truck on purpose.
Northbound lanes were closed for several hours near Willard Bay.
Suicide Prevention Resources
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Trevor project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition: utahsuicideprevention.org/
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention -Utah Chapter afsp.org/chapter/afsp-utah/
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-Utah Chapter www.namiut.org/