‘Millie’s Princess Run’ Helps Raise Money for Families Fighting Childhood Cancer
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Millie’s Princess Run has become an annual event and on Saturday people came together in South Jordan to help raise money for families fighting childhood cancer.
It’s the eighth year for this event and it originally started to help Millie Flamm and her family when she was fighting cancer.
Her dad remembered his daughter and what this event means to their family and others.
“My daughter would be in the hospital talking about the other kids up there, asking about the other kids, she’d pray for the other kids with cancer and I know how proud she is that we are able to do this for other kids,” Brady Flamm, the father of Millie, said.
The money raised goes to two families — a prince and princess.
“I know how lonely it is living in the hospital worried about your sick child. I know how horrible it is to have to bury a child. And, if I can lift that burden a little bit for somebody else, there’s nothing I’d rather do with my life,” Flamm said.
Millie’s dad says like most little girls, Millie loved princesses. Millie died just before her 8th birthday almost six years ago.
If you would like to know more, click here: Millie’s Princess Foundation
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)