Hazmat Incident Closes Overlook Off I-80 Near Echo Reservoir
COALVILLE, Utah – Crews closed an overlook area near Echo Reservoir on Thursday afternoon due to a hazmat situation.
The incident occurred on westbound I-80 at mile post 165.
According to Summit County officials, the closure was due to a lime spill. Authorities from multiple agencies responded to the scene, including Park City Fire District, North Summit Fire District, and the Summit County Health Department. The Utah Department of Transportation was coordinating cleanup efforts.
The party responsible for spilling the lime has not been located, officials said. The spill site has been secured and poses no threat to Echo Reservoir or to I-80 traffic.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)