Hazmat Incident Closes Overlook Off I-80 Near Echo Reservoir
COALVILLE, Utah – Crews closed an overlook area near Echo Reservoir on Thursday afternoon due to a hazmat situation.
The incident occurred on westbound I-80 at mile post 165.
According to Summit County officials, the closure was due to a lime spill. Authorities from multiple agencies responded to the scene, including Park City Fire District, North Summit Fire District, and the Summit County Health Department. The Utah Department of Transportation was coordinating cleanup efforts.
The party responsible for spilling the lime has not been located, officials said. The spill site has been secured and poses no threat to Echo Reservoir or to I-80 traffic.
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 71723)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 10117)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8705)
- Utah Sets New Record With 722 New COVID-19 Cases; 7 New Deaths Reported (pageviews: 7637)
- Two People Charged With Hate Crime For Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural (pageviews: 5079)
- Husband Of Nurse Fighting For Life In ICU (pageviews: 4284)
- Unified Police Help Single Mom Remove Trees After Alleged Scam (pageviews: 4275)
- Back-To-School Plans Announced For Davis School District Plans (pageviews: 4150)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 4121)