Teen Boy Stabbed At Walmart in Sandy, Police Say
SANDY, Utah – Police responded to a stabbing at Walmart in Sandy on Thursday.
The incident happened at 9151 S. Quarry Bend Drive, according to Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen. One victim was reported.
Sandy Police said a 16-year-old was stabbed and taken to the hospital in serious condition. The suspect is a boy in his teens.
Police said the stabbing happened after a fight inside Walmart. The boy is expected to survive. It is unclear what the fight was over, police say.
UPDATE from Sandy Police: 16-year-old-boy stabbed in back after fight with teenage suspect inside this Walmart; boy in serious condition but expected to survive; unclear what fight was over @KSL5TV #KSLTV #Utah pic.twitter.com/PElbwKj7Uf
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) June 20, 2019
BREAKING: Police report a stabbing at Walmart in Sandy. One victim reported. We’ll update this story.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) June 20, 2019
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)