Teen Boy Stabbed At Walmart in Sandy, Police Say
SANDY, Utah – Police responded to a stabbing at Walmart in Sandy on Thursday.
The incident happened at 9151 S. Quarry Bend Drive, according to Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen. One victim was reported.
Sandy Police said a 16-year-old was stabbed and taken to the hospital in serious condition. The suspect is a boy in his teens.
Police said the stabbing happened after a fight inside Walmart. The boy is expected to survive. It is unclear what the fight was over, police say.
UPDATE from Sandy Police: 16-year-old-boy stabbed in back after fight with teenage suspect inside this Walmart; boy in serious condition but expected to survive; unclear what fight was over @KSL5TV #KSLTV #Utah pic.twitter.com/PElbwKj7Uf
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) June 20, 2019
BREAKING: Police report a stabbing at Walmart in Sandy. One victim reported. We’ll update this story.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) June 20, 2019
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)