Woman In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A woman is in critical condition after she was struck by a vehicle while crossing 2100 South Friday morning, officials said.
The woman, 34, was crossing 2100 South at 945 East on a marked crosswalk that did not have any traffic lights or signals. A vehicle driving by hit the woman just before 8 a.m., Salt Lake City police detective Michael Ruff said.
The woman was transported to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and is currently in critical condition, Ruff said.
The driver of the vehicle is cooperating with police and an investigation is ongoing. Ruff said he does not believe impairment was a factor in the crash.
This article will be updated at KSL.com as more information becomes available.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)