Police: Parents Of College Students Should Prepare For Worst-Case Scenario
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – In light of recent cases such as missing person Mackenzie Lueck and slain athlete Lauren McCluskey, it’s important for parents to take certain measures when they send their adult children off to college.
According to Unified Police Department, there are several things parents should have ready that can help authorities if their college student goes missing:
- An up-to-date, portrait-style photo of their adult child
- Information on which cell phone carrier and which bank they use
- Medical history and a list of medications for their child
- Which doctor they use and where they go to fill prescriptions
- Identifying marks such as scars, birthmarks or tattoos
- Their current employer
- Places they frequent
- The adult child’s relationship status
Police are currently searching for Lueck, who was last heard from on June 17.