Few New Details As Search For MacKenzie Lueck Continues
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Very few new details have emerged in the search for 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, more than a week after she went missing.
The University of Utah student disappeared on June 17. She was last seen after a Lyft driver picked her up at Salt Lake City International Airport and dropped her off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.
Police spoke with the Lyft driver, who said nothing seemed out of the ordinary when he dropped Mackenzie off at the park around 3 a.m. Investigators confirmed with the rideshare company that she was dropped off at 2:59 a.m. Records showed the driver went on to make several additional pickups through the night.
The driver was cleared, and not a focus of the investigation.
Officials said Lueck did text someone else from the airport after her flight arrived that morning, other than her parents. They’ve spoken with that person, and said they were also not considered a suspect.
Those close to Lueck, as well as strangers, continue to post on a Find Mackenzie Facebook page dedicated to her search, voicing concerns. Michelle Galison, a friend and sorority sister with Lueck posted a video message to her Wednesday morning.
“We’re all talking about how we all met in a sorority, but it’s irrelevant, because you’re a human being, and you’re gone, and we all miss you, and I hope you’re okay,” Galison said in the video. “Even if you’re laughing on a couch somewhere about this, I hope you at least tell somebody that you’re okay, and if you’re not, know that we are looking for you, and we miss you. And I miss you a lot.”
Investigators have asked for anyone with information about Lueck’s whereabouts to call a dedicated tip line at 1-801-799-4420.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)